From mid-November through early December, Mathieu’s Cycle will have the full range of Tacx smart trainers and Zwift cycling app available to demo!
E-Bike Sale!Save 10% on In-Stock e-bikes...
2018 Specialized Turbo Vado
Get all of the pedal-assist features you desire at a price that lets you keep your daily cappuccino ritual with the Vado 2.0. Featuring many of the same characteristics as its more expensive siblings, albeit with a little less ‘roar’ to its motor, the Vado 2.0 is firmly rooted as the ultimate transportation tool for everything from grocery runs to commutes. Remember: Busy lives call for faster bikes.
- The Vado frame features a lightweight alloy frame that that’s easy to get on and off of.
- The Vado’s Specialized 1.2 motor is fully integrated with the frame, and it’s also been custom-tuned for city riding. It intuitively reacts to the force of your pedaling, so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- We made the custom 460 Wh battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range.
The retail price of this bike is $2700 and we have one Men’s Large in White in-stock and we’re offering it @ 10% off for a savings of $270 so you can ride this beauty for $2430!
2020 Specialized Turbo Como
It’s cool to go fast, but it’s only fun if you’re comfortable. Sadly, speed and comfort rarely come together, but the Turbo Como 3.0 650b with a low-entry design is out to change that. With a comfortable geometry that makes getting on and off the bike and putting a foot down super easy, a sleek and stylish design, and our exclusive, award-winning technology, you’ll get an extra jolt of power that’ll make riding just as fun as it is functional.
- The custom E5 Low-Entry aluminum frame on the Como cleanly houses the battery and motor. Pair this with our Ground Control Geometry, and you have a durable and lightweight bike that’ll keep you rolling in style.
- The Turbo Como’s Specialized 1.2 E motor emphasizes efficiency and range. It’s also fully integrated with the frame, and has been custom-tuned for city riding. It intuitively reacts to the force of your pedaling, so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- We made the custom 460 Wh battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range. For range estimates based upon a variety of variables, please refer to our Turbo Range Calculator.
We have two of these in the above color and frame design in Small. The Retail price is $2950 and were offering these in-stock bikes @ 10% off for a savings of $295 so you can have one of these for only $2655!
We’re excited to announce we have added snowshoes to our line up of products we stock in our stores. We have snowshoes for the entire family starting with kids shoes from MSR. For adult snowshoes we offer models from MSR, Crescent Moon, and Garneau.
The MSR model we are stocking is the EVO. These snowshoes offer modular flotation tails allowing for a smaller more maneuverable shoe for packed conditions and when conditions demand more flotation you can snap on the optional 6-inch tails.
The Crescent Moon Eva Foam snowshoe is the first and only snowshoe that doesn’t rely on the awkward pivoting-hinge mechanism to function, but instead uses a rocker shaped platform to promote a seamless heel-to-toe motion for walking, just like a normal hiking or running shoe. Recommended for first timers, outdoor enthusiasts, hikers, runners, and people who love to get out in the snow.
Our models from Garneau are the Massif & Blizzard. Both offer the convenience of a BOA binding system which is easy on and off and mitten friendly. The Blizzard offers a more aggressive crampon and a heel raiser which reduces calf fatigue while climbing.
Poles are an important accessory in most conditions when snowshoeing so we have a few pole options as well from MSR and Black Diamond.
The Maine Office of Tourism has published a handy book of 33 “bike friendly” routes that cover the entire State.
With its beautiful scenery, bike-friendly roads and shared-use paths, Maine is a great place to cycle. In the mountains, along the coast, through the woods and over the beautiful byways in between, cyclists of all ages and skill levels find that cycling in Maine is a great experience.
MaineDOT has published all of the Maine bike tours in a handy book. The book includes:
- 33 Loop Bicycle Tours
- Turn-by-Turn Directions with Tear-Out Pages
- Multiuse Trails
- East Coast Greenway & Downeast Sunrise Trail
- Mountain Biking Rides
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Trails
- Safety Tips
- Point of Interest
- Historic Sites
- and more!
Brian Alexander, Glenn Fenlason, and Jeff Clarke out riding their Snow Bikes in Central Maine. Cycling Outdoors and in the snow is alive and well.
Two of these guys are riding Pugsley Snow Bikes make by Surley. If you are interested in one for yourself, unfortunately, you will have to get in line. The company is sold out until sometime in March so you should be planning for late season snow riding or for next winter.
If you want to “get in line” come on in to our Oakland or Farmingdale stores and we will help you out.